The Adelante Mujer Steering Committee promotes Latinas' rights to determine their own destiny through personal, cultural, academic and professional development.
- Encourage Latinas to continue their education.
- Encourage Latinas to pursue non-traditional career paths.
- Establish a network of Latina professionals who can provide support and encouragement.
- Expose Latinas to successful role models in a wide variety of occupations.
- Raise self-esteem and empower all participants in making positive decisions toward economic self-sufficiency.
- Celebrate and embrace the Latina culture.
- Learn about career opportunities from professional Latinas in law, business, media, engineering, and other fields.
- Enjoy inspiring speakers.
- Form personal contacts with successful professional Latinas who might help shape your future.
- Receive career, scholarship, and educational information.